So this week, I’m going to list the top ten books I can’t believe I haven’t read from fantasy/sci fi. I’m not really too sure about any off the top of my head. Like I’ve read Hunger Games, Harry Potter, A Song of Fire and Ice. So I’ve had to go looking to see what I haven’t read that seems to be a staple, maybe you guys can give me some suggestions.
- I’ll say Dune by Hank Hubert, because that’s the “finest, most widely acclaimed and enduring Science Fiction novel of this century”. At least according to the 2nd hand copy I bought last year which is sitting on my shelf. So it’s another book I want to read, but just need to get around doing so.
- Discworld by Terry Prachett, it is such a huge cornerstone series, that I can’t believe I haven’t gotten around to reading them yet. I own the first book, but as above, I haven’t read it.
- Fahrenheit 451, again another classic, large name (though I guess that’s the point with this list). And again it’s sitting on my shelf!
- His Dark Materials, guess what! I own one of these books as well, but it’s the third in the series, whatever.
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman. This is purely on here because Goodreads had it on a list, and it was a book that I recognised, but haven’t read.
- Anything of Stephen King! I’m really surprised I haven’t gotten around to reading anything of his yet. I do own Under the Dome because of the TV show though.
- Or anything of Robin Hobb’s, another really big fantasy name.
- Or Terry Goodkind, (once again I do have one book of theirs)
- Or Ursula K. Le Guin, another huge name
- Or Tamora Pierce. So many big name authors I have just not read anything of.
What’s on your list that you can’t believe you haven’t gotten around to reading yet, despite loving that genre? Any other fantasy/sci-fi names/books that should be on my list?