Well this is going to be a tough one! I’ll say straight up that this list is in no particular order:
- Newsflesh trilogy by Mira Grant – yes it’s three books, but whatever, I’ll say that of the three that my favourite is the first one, Feed.
- Song of Fire and Ice series by GRRM- I know, another series but it’s hard to choose. Of these, gosh, my favourite I think would be A Clash of Kings.
- Chaos Walking trilogy, this will be the last series, I promise, but it’s such an amazing series I can’t not have them all. My favourite here is probably the last one, Monsters of Men.
- I lied, Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. They are so much fun, and such an easy read. And I love reading about Greek/Roman mythology.
- Ashling by Isobelle Carmody (and the whole Obernewtyn series in general, but I don’t want yet another series). I think that this is where things start to pick up for the series, and pick up do they ever.
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville, a truly great classic which despite its length, I really enjoyed
- Ender’s Game (the first book) – I just loved the concept and the fun of the book.
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman – Really enjoyed it without knowing what to expect. Hope to reread it one day so I can appreciate it even more.
- The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien – I do count this as a single book, and it’s epic fantasy and it’s epic.
- Good Omens by Terry Prachett and Neil Gaiman- this book is a riot, and is so fun and imaginative.
That was really tough. What about your most favourite reads of the last few years?