I’m back with a new Top Ten Tuesday, it’s been a while, but the semester is over which means I’ve got more time for blogging, and most importantly reading! This week it is about my top 10 books for 2015 so far, a nice way to wrap up the first half of the year. And when I’ve only read 20 books this year, it actually both makes it easy but hard to get to 10.
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown, the review is forthcoming in the next few weeks, but this was absolutely brilliant dystopia, and I loved it so much, I really want to get my hands on the sequel!
- We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach, a really wonderful apocalypse story, written really well and in a nice format
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, just wow, such a good series, brought me to tears, it was really incredible
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson, this one was unexpected entirely, it was so nice and unlike other stories I tend to read, and just written beautifully
- The Girl With All the Gifts by M R Carey was another dystopia that was was well done and from a really unique perspective
- The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan, the end of an era of Percy Jackson, looking forward to his new series!
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner, I actually quite liked this first novel, it was intriguing and kept me guessing, the rest of the series though, not so great.
- The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker, the first apocalypse story I read this year, while it was quite good, it didn’t quite live up to my hopes, still found it a compelling idea
- The World of Ice and Fire by GRRM, a comprehensive insight into the greater world and history of Westeros and the wider lands, always interesting
- The Tongues of Angels and Men by Jonathan Trigell, another unexpected one, but quite good
Over to you guys, what have you read this year that you’ve really loved?