- Surveillance by Bernard Keane, I just received this from Allen and Unwin, which is to be published later this month
- The Dark Between the Stars by Kevin J. Anderson (and Blood of the Cosmos), Simon and Schuster sent me out the sequel in this series, and were so lovely actually sent out the first in the series so I could read them both
- The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi, I won this one actually from Little Brown, and I’m currently reading it, and loving it so much
- I picked up a few weeks ago at a Book Sale, “Souvenirs de Sherlock Holmes” which is the French version of The Memories of Sherlock Holmes. Not that I know French fluently or anything, it was just really cheap, and I have been learning French
- Another random addition from a Book Sale was “Jailbird” by Kurt Vonnegut (whose Slaughterhouse 5 I reviewed recently), I’ve heard nothing about this one, so it will be an interesting read
- One of my most recent library hauls included The Broken Years by Bill Gammage, about Australia’s soldiers in World War One, written largely from the letters and diary entries from the soldiers themselves, which was really eye-opening.
- I‘ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson was another recent addition
- As was Dune by Frank Herbert, which I’m really interested to read, given it’s massive claim of “The finest, most widely acclaimed and enduring Science Fiction novel of this century” in its blurb
- The Colour of Magic by Terry Prachett is one I’m eager to read, since I’m yet to read a Prachett sole-authored novel yet
- Lastly, The Death Cure by James Dashner, this one I collected from the library
Over to you guys, what books have come into your possession recently?