I’m going my own in this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, and discussing what 10 books I’d really like to see made into movies. Can I make it a thing, that the movies are going to be done well???? A couple of these probably have movies in the work, and that’s awesome!
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, if this was done right, it’d be spectacular
- Obernewtyn by Isobelle Carmody, another series which I think deserves a movie series (or TV show), might be complex to try and do well, but I’d love to see it
- The Messenger by Markus Zusak, given the success of The Book Thief, I think The Messenger/I Am The Messenger has been quite overlooked, and a movie would be interesting
- We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach, with the strength of YA, I’m optimistic about this one becoming a movie (indeed there is already talk, even before it was released), and it would be a great movie
- The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi, I only just read this one, but I think it would translate quite well to screen
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon, a book I read quite a few years ago and really did love
- Tomorrow When the War Began by John Marsden, okay this did get a movie, but get we can another (better) one, and do the whole series? Please?
- Life as We Knew it by Susan Beth Pfeffer, would be a quite dark disaster movie, but would be nice to see it
- Feed by Mira Grant, please, please, please make this a thing. Perhaps it wouldn’t translate well to screen, but I want this to be a thing.
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown, a replacement for The Hunger Games movies when they finish at the end of the year, I’m totally keen for them to be a thing.
Over to you guys, what books do you think deserve a movie (or perhaps a better movie)??