This week it’s about which characters didn’t I click with (aka which characters frustrate me), indeed with many of these, it ended up meaning that I didn’t particularly like the book, not all, but most.
- Thomas in Ender’s Game – was too whinny and annoying for me to really care about
- Tris from Divergent – that book entirely didn’t click, but she was frustrating
- Nick Carraway from The Great Gatsby
- Ursula from Candelo – too much self absorption and lack of good thought
- Elizabeth Bennett in Pride and Prejudice – hardly surprising really
- Jon Evans in The Shade of the Moon – a bit like Thomas, but much more entitled and frustrating
- Will Grayson in the eponymous book – both of them really just didn’t quite click
- Julia in Age of Miracles
- Sansa in Game of Thrones – at least not for a good while
- I’m drawing up a blank with the last one
What about you, any characters you didn’t click with? Did you come to like them more over time? Does it ruin the book?