I have a great tendency to finish what I’ve started, so when it comes to quitting books or series, it doesn’t happen all that often. Not completing a book is very rare, and all I can think of is Mein Kampf, and that one speaks for itself.
- Well I quit The Maze Runner series, not wanting to delve into the prequel/s
- I also quit Divergent, after Divergent
- No more pointless love triangles. Please.
- No more milking a series till it’s dry, I’m looking at you Orson Scott Card (unless you do keep doing a good job of it, in which case, carry on)
- No more spoilery blurbs, The Stone Key please you basically told us the whole outline of the plot
- No more fickle comparisons with the popular book of the day
- No more crap movie adaptations!
- No more one-dimensional characters
- No more helpless female protagonists
- No more ‘nerdy’ characters just being there to be the nerd
What books have you quit on? What tropes would you like to see stopped?