This week is a good one, 10 wishes from the book genie! I think there might be a few common ideas this week.
- Lovely library room in my home, with abundant shelving, and a super comfy chair
- Infinite money to buy all the books!
- The Red Queen by Isobelle Carmody already
- Repeating the same theme, the final two Song of Fire and Ice (GRRM) books as well (can’t be too greedy and ask the genie to give me every single book I want without waiting, now can I?)
- Detailed maps of where characters are, which updates as I read along
- Knowledge of all the words used in a book – sometimes authors are too clever, and I can’t be bothered looking up the word, so just knowing all the English words ever, would be a help
- Extending that point, being able to read (and speak/understand, if the genie wouldn’t mind) any language, so I can read original texts
- Entire book series with consistent cover designs and sizes!
- To always have someone to vent/excite with before, during and after a book, who’s read/ing it too, so no fear of spoilers and is going through the same emotions
- Ability to read faster, and yet retain as much enjoyment, and memory of the book years later, as I do now (though that memory part could be improved too)
What things would you wish for?