This week is supposed to be a Halloween themed freebie, but I honestly can’t think of a book that has scared me (I’m open to suggestions). There’s just something un-scary about reading it, if you were to add in some music and a dark gloomy night, perhaps, but I’m not too scared by it. Though I don’t even want to begin to watch a horror movie. Perhaps the books I’m reading just aren’t scary enough.
Instead I’m brining an past list – 10 books I wish I read as a child
- Where the Wild Things are
- Charlotte’s Web
- The Giving Tree
- Percy Jackson – I started reading this a little later, though I still really enjoy them, I would have LOVED them earlier
- The Age of Miracles
- The Wizard of Oz (can’t believe there are 14 original books, and tens of other ‘canonical ones’)
- The Obernewtyn Chronicles – I got to them when I was a teenager, but, would have been even better if it was earlier – though it would mean I would be waiting for longer!
- Grimm’s Fairy Tales – I started reading some of them now, and would have liked them a lot more when I was younger
- Goosebumps – people keep talking about reading these in primary school, I certainly didn’t. Perhaps they would have helped with this week’s real challenge
- Enid Blyton and Nancy Drew – completely different, but two very large categories.
So what do you wish you read as a child?