This week was supposed to be about my 10 debut authors I want a sophomore novel from, but considering how few debut authors I read, that isn’t going to work. Instead I’m taking a free pick, and sharing my top 10 books I just had to have, but haven’t read.
- Under the Dome by Stephen King – saw promotion for the TV show, and wanted to read the book, little did I realise it was a big book, and life got in the way. Ended up watching the first two seasons of the show though, the third just looked uninteresting
- The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith – think I got this quite close to the release date, and I hadn’t even finished the first one!
- Gone Girl – I heard a lot of hype about it, I don’t know much about it (cause I focus to avoid spoilers), but it’s still just sitting there
- Darkfall by Isobelle Carmody – I bought this (and Darksong – both part of the Legendsong trilogy) knowing that one day I would read them, that day will likely be once I know when the last book is actually coming out!
- Gone by Michael Grant – I had gotten a recommendation to read the book, and whilst in Hawaii I saw it and the sequel and just had to buy them
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld – bought this at a writer’s festival after only hearing vague mentions of the book previously
- The Red House by Mark Haddon – his book The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime was incredible, so I ended up buying his other book, and then this one, but just never got around to it, and this one got pretty average reviews
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller – I said I was going to read this book so long ago, and still haven’t
- War and Peace – I just really wanted it, one day it’ll happen
- Dune – I saw it at a secondhand bookstore a while ago
So what unread, but desperately wanted books are sitting on your shelves?